10 Tips for a Safe, Comfortable, Organized Holiday Season
When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Terre Haute, it is normal to be a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these tips can help reduce your stress and ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Terre Haute to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through this chilly season in Terre Haute, it can be difficult to find bright colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Terre Haute every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you can take advantage of endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. You can add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you decide to tackle before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Terre Haute than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.