How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Terre Haute
Fall is just around the corner in Terre Haute, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Terre Haute a call at 812-234-0729 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!