Looking for New Windows in Your Terre Haute, IN Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When shopping for windows for your home improvement or new construction project, you most likely want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you evaluate your options, think about these facts:
- Windows can impact the interior and exterior appearance of your Terre Haute area home.
- The windows you pick can make a positive difference in your home’s comfort level and energy costs.
- The material and durability of your windows can have a significant impact on the resale value of your Terre Haute area home if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to explore the style and function choices available, you will be happy with your purchase and enjoy the pleasure of viewing the outside world through your new windows for many years.
What questions should you consider when purchasing replacement windows for your Terre Haute home?
- How will my new windows look? Consider the fact that your family and guests are going to view your replacement windows most often from in the home, not outside of it. Observe your current windows or opening from inside and study the view carefully; does the style, color and type of opening (crank shaft or sliding) work with your home’s current style? Can you reach the window in order to clean it or utilize potential accessories? How does the sunlight appear during the morning and afternoon? And don’t forget to stand outside from multiple viewing positions to determine if the style of replacement window you are considering complements with the fascia of your Terre Haute home.
- How energy efficient are the windows? Get the facts relating to your windows that relate to their energy efficiency. Topics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values grade the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Identify your estimated energy savings beforehand to help lower heating and cooling spending and make the most of your investment.
- How will my new windows function? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to open and close any window before you buy it. Can you open or shut the window easily? Will the window be easy to clean? Will the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window blinds or shades undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, make sure it opens easily and offers an adequately-sized opening.
- What is the installation process? Installing your windows is either added into the overall purchase price or involves an outside contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How easy is it to clean your new windows? The weather in the Terre Haute area changes often. Outdoor elements such as wind, rain and snow can impact the appearance of your windows. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles for an easier way of keeping your windows clean and looking great for years.
- What color and hardware options are available? Color selection reflects your style and enhances the overall appeal of your Terre Haute home. Some window companies offer limited exterior color options. Identify what restrictions are in place for the windows you want. In addition, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinetry hardware, faucets and other fixtures.
- How much will you pay? The old saying “you get what you pay for” is especially true when it comes to purchasing quality windows. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. A quality window will be energy efficient and offer years of beauty and performance.
We encourage you to visit Pella at the Terre Haute area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 812-234-0729.