Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Winter weather is just around the corner in Terre Haute and when the temperature gets colder, the energy bills can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Terre Haute winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Terre Haute team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Terre Haute.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Terre Haute a call at 812-234-0729 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.