The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the variety of styles and colors we carry, you can discover a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you are able to change styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are a handful of color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve seen a couple positives of window grilles, let’s check out the challenges surrounding window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs available, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles may inhibit their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that typically cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are sometimes more expensive than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to get replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles may be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the variety of choices available, we suggest coming by our Terre Haute showroom, giving us a call at 812-234-0729 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.