The ROI of Replacement Windows
Before you invest in an expensive home endeavor, it is important to focus on the benefits you will see in the future and how the product will add value to your life at home. From construction to price, the cost of energy efficient replacement windows may be daunting to some homeowners, but the return on investment is greatly proven throughout the years after installation. After you buy Pella’s ENERGY STAR® certified windows, there are various benefits you could start noticing:
- Energy bills are reduced. Once your windows are installed, you may see your heating and cooling costs falling. By replacing all single-pane windows in a home with ENERGY STAR certified windows, the normal home can save an average of $101-$583 per year, according to ENERGY STAR. With support from companies like Pella, energy bills are going down for millions of people due to ENERGY STAR’s world-renowned mission.
- Rebate rewards*. The installation of energy efficient windows can also save you monetary value through rebates and tax credits. ENERGY STAR provides homeowners with an easy-to-use rebate and special offer finder online. This allows browsers to see what rebates are available in their location through a simple zip code entry.
- Green energy tax credits*. Energy efficient windows can also allow homeowners a green energy tax credit. If you are in a new or older home and install energy efficient windows that go along with ENERGY STAR requirements, you could be given a ten percent tax credit up to a maximum of $200. Although the range depends on what state you live in, there are many tax reductions accessible for citizens advocating the country’s energy efficiency shift.
- Remodel for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2015 cost vs. value report, restoring your windows with new wood or vinyl windows can return 71 percent to 78 percent of the project cost after resale.
- Save your style. Not only is energy efficiency valued among window frames, but glass choices as well. Glass panes, such as Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Glass, may help protect your fabrics and furniture from fading.
Energy efficient products available at Pella Windows and Doors can help take care of your home, likely reduce your bills and let you live comfortably within your own home. To see Pella’s ENERGY STAR products firsthand, visit our showroom in Terre Haute, or call us at 812-234-0729.
*Consult with your local Pella professional to determine which products are eligible. Consult with a qualified tax advisor to confirm eligibility. Pella Corporation and its sales partners assume no liability regarding the homeowner’s ability to obtain tax credits. For more information, visit energystar.gov/tax credits.