Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when entering your Terre Haute home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring an entire look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Terre Haute, give them a call at 812-234-0729 or plan an appointment online to work through all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.