Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your room. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something lively to show off your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are eight tips to fancy up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is used for your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a tad too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try switching out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having issues finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to traditional window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and classy look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You are able to use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.