Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your space. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something lively to express your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are eight tips to fancy up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room seem bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a whimsical print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is used for your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try swapping out the curtains in your main living space. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having trouble finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to regular window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You are able to use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.